Position: Construction Maintenance Worker I Salary Range: $12.64 - $19.49
Under the immediate supervision of the Construction and Maintenance Crew Chief, the employee assists in the performance of moderately complex construction and maintenance activities dealing with the Cityís water and sewer systems.
2. One (1) year of work experience in the construction field; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities commensurate with the requirements of this job.
3. Possess a current and valid driverís license and be insurable.
4. Ability to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL (CDL A to operate a low-boy tractor trailer) based on Department needs, within six (6) months of hire.
5. Ability to work overtime, weekends, or emergencies as needed.
6. Ability to be on-call.
7. Ability to travel throughout the City.
8. Ability to pass a background check and random drug screenings.
Position: Building Inspector Salary Range: $19.90 - $30.67
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED; an associateís degree in building science or a related field, from an accredited college or university, is strongly preferred.
2. Five (5) years of professional work experience in the construction field.
3. Certification and ability to maintain through the International Code Council with licensing/credentialing within the first year of employment with a combination license in HVAC, building construction, plumbing or electrician is required.
4. Previous experience working with the public and as a building inspector or similar skill set is preferred; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities commensurate with the requirements of this job.
5. Possess a current and valid driverís license and be insurable.
6. Ability to be available and subject to emergency call back, 24/7.
7. Ability to travel overnight to attend meetings and training programs.
8. Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and random drug screens.Applications for this position will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3rd. Testing will be on Tuesday, May 7th at 10 a.m., and Thursday, May 9th at 2 p.m. at Talladega City Hall. All applicants must test in order to be considered!