Position: Administrative Assistant - City Clerk's Office Salary Range: $14.16 - $21.83
Under the supervision of the City Clerk, the employee is responsible for administrative, clerical, and communication functions of the office. The employee represents the City and the Clerk’s office by greeting visitors and customers to City Hall, providing information and directions, answering the phone, forwarding calls and providing general assistance. The employee enters information and data into the computer, sells plots in the City’s cemeteries, processes insurance claims and updates the City’s website
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED; an associate’s degree in business, accounting, or computer science, from an accredited college or university, is preferred.
2. Completion of college-level business, accounting and computer courses from an accredited college or university is strongly desired.
3. Two (2) years of professional work in an office environment dealing with the public.
4. Possess a current and valid driver’s license and be insurable.
5. Ability to work non-standard hours.
6. Ability to travel throughout City.
7. Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
Applications for this position must be turned in to the Human Resources Department no later than 5 p.m. Monday, February 24th. Testing will be held at Tuesday, February 25th at 10 a.m., and Thursday, February 27th at 4 p.m. at Talladega City Hall. All interested applicants must test in order to be considered. All questions regarding this position may be directed to Tanna Falkner, HR Assistant at 256-299-1117.