Position: Finance Director Salary Range: $27.95 - $43.09
Under the general supervision of the City Manager, this employee plans for, organizes, and manages the City's finances, and maintains accounts. The employee serves as the Department Head and manages the daily functions of the department and supervises employees. The Finance Director plans and coordinates the City's annual budget and budgetary activities; ensures compliance of operation within the approved budgets, and provides oversight and coordination in cooperation with the Purchasing Director and City Manager, of the financial activities of each City department.
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration; a master's degree in finance, business, public administration or related field is preferred
2. Five (5) years of progressive work experience in accounting and finance with experience in management and supervision; professional work experience in accounting and finance with experience in a governmental entity or the public sector is preferred; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities commensurate with the requirements of this job.
3. Possess a current and valid driver's license, and be insurable
4. Ability to achieve job appropriate certifications and credentials through the GFOA within a designated period of time following employment, and attend continuing education
5. Ability to travel to attend meetings and training.
6. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Applications will be accepted until end of day Friday, February 1, 2019. Testing for this position will be Tuesday, February 5th at 10 a.m. and Thursday, February 7th at 2 p.m. at Talladega City Hall. For questions regarding this position or how to apply, please contact HR Assistant, Deidre Rainwater at 256-299-1117
Under the supervision of assigned supervisor, the employee performs basic equipment operation needed to accomplish the objectives and functions of the Community Appearance Department. Employee operates light equipment and provides manual labor for the completions of projects. Employee performs routine maintenance inspections on assigned equipment, notifies supervisor of equipment failures, and may assist with repairs.Minimum Qualifications:1. Possess a high school diploma or GED.
2. One (1) year of experience operating equipment in maintenance and construction; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities commensurate with the requirements of this job.
3. Possess a current and valid driver’s license and be insurable; prefer Class B CDL.
4. Ability to work overtime, weekends, or emergencies as needed.5. Ability to travel throughout the City.
Applications will be accepted until end of day Friday, February 1, 2019. Testing for this position will be Monday, February 4th at 10 a.m. and Wednesday, February 6th at 4 p.m. at Talladega City Hall. For questions regarding this position or how to apply, please contact HR Assistant Deidre Rainwater at 256-299-1117.
Position: Certified and Non-Certified Officer Salary Range/Non-Certified: $10.08 (pay increases upon successful completion of police academy)Salary Range/Certified: $15.86 - $24.45Under the supervision of the Sergeant - Patrol, the employee performs law enforcement activities on behalf of the City Police Department; performs patrol duties of assigned area; processes civil and criminal papers in accordance with established procedures; provides security for court proceedings; and for special events held within the City; and performs maintenance checks on equipment prior to each shift.Minimum Qualifications:Applicationsfor this position are due to the Human Resources Department by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 15th. Testing for this position will be Tuesday, February 19th at 10 a.m., and Thursday, February 21st, at 2 p.m. at Talladega City Hall. ONLY THOSE WHO HAVECOMPLETED THE REQUIRED BAT TEST AND PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST WILL BE ALLOWED TOTEST FOR THIS POSITION! Please see information below.Physical Agility Testing will take place at the Talladega Police Department exactly 2 hours prior to the written examination. Please be sure to wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. You may choose one of the following dates/times to complete the PT test:Tuesday, February 19th @ 8 a.m. OR Thursday, February 21st at 12 p.m.
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017
In partnership with the Alabama Community College System,the Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC) hasadopted the ACT WorkKeys Assessment as the official Basic Ability Test (BAT)for all applicants for Law Enforcement Officer and State Correctional Officeremployment and certification. This requirement is effective July 1, 2017.
In addition to possession of a valid high school diploma orGeneral Educational Development (GED) certificate, the BAT is required of allapplicants, excepting those applicants who have been previously APOSTCcertified and who are required to complete the Refresher training forreinstatement of their Certification, or, those applicants possessing an earnedAssociate’s Degree or higher Degree from a College or University accredited bythe Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), or its regional equivalent.
Individuals who do not possess a valid ACT WorkKeysAssessment (BAT) may test at any Alabama Community College within the State. Alist of Alabama Community Colleges can be found below. Applicants or theiragencies may contact the community college nearest their location forscheduling and other related information.
A fee of $45, payable to the community college, is requiredprior to testing. Should an applicant fail any segment of the three segmenttest, the applicant is allowed to re-take that segment for an additional fee of$15 per segment.