The American Red Cross needs disaster volunteers in our community. Please visit and register today!

Doing Business

Doing Business


We welcome your business.

We welcome your business locating in the City of Talladega and its police jurisdiction. The following information is provided to make the process of meeting all City ordinances and regulations easier for the business owner.

The City of Talladega has authority through State law to license all businesses conducting trade or performing services within its City limits and/or police jurisdiction. The license year is based on the calendar year (January 1st through December 31st). It is the responsibility of the business to obtain the proper business license prior to the start of business. All licenses except transient or temporary event licenses expire December 31st of each year, regardless of the date purchased. Application for business licenses are taken daily between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Talladega City Hall, 203 South St. West.

Alcoholic Beverage License: Applications for the retail sale or distribution of alcoholic beverage in a public location are also processed by the Revenue Division of the Finance Department. Alcoholic beverage licenses are not transferable; prior to purchasing a business which holds a valid ABC license, contact the Alabama ABC Field Enforcement Office at 256-237-3211 or the City of Talladega Revenue Division at 256-362-8186, ext. 1023. A $25.00 fee is assessed for the background check required to be completed before such license can be issued.

Regulated Licenses: Applicants for certain types of licenses are required to show evidence of current, valid licensure or certification by a City, County or State Board regulating the specific business or industry before a City business license can be issued or renewed. Examples of such businesses include, but are not limited to, electricians; plumbers; gas fitters; heating & air conditioning contractors; landscape architects & gardeners; tree pruners &/or tree surgeons.

Applicants for licenses for eating/food establishments, bars, tattoo parlors, boarding houses and similar businesses must present a valid Health Department permit at the time of application. Day Care centers must present a valid Zoning Certificate of Operations as well as a valid Day Care license issued through the County or State Department of Human Resources before the City license can be issued.

Smoking Regulations: Effective September 1, 2007 the City of Talladega implemented a Smoke-Free Air Ordinance No. 1620 which prohibits smoking in all buildings open to the public.

City Historic Districts:  The City of Talladega's four historic districts are the Silk Stocking District, Talladega College District, North Street District and the Courthouse Square District. For more information concerning conducting business in the historic districts, contact the City Clerk at 256-362-8186 ext. 1026.